Whether you’re a first-time buyer or ready to move on to a new place, buying or selling your home is a major life decision. When taking such a big financial step, it helps to have the right professionals on your side to smoothly guide you through the process. With a large pool of Outer Banks Realtors to choose from, finding the right agent can be overwhelming. When searching for your Realtor, make sure to choose someone who is highly recommended, has proven results, is knowledgeable about the local market, has strong communication skills and is someone you feel comfortable with and trust. Many real estate professionals suggest interviewing at least 3 Realtors before you make your final decision.
Important Questions to Ask a Real Estate Agent
- How long have you been in real estate?
- Are you a full-time real estate agent?
- Are you familiar with the community where I want to look?
- Do you speak languages other than English? (Important question for non-native speakers)?
- How many homes have you sold in the last year?
- What is the average sale price of homes you sold last year?
- Do you usually work with sellers or buyers?
- Do you usually work with first-time buyers, or just move-up buyers?
- Do you have experience working with bank-owned homes?
- How many buyers are you presently working with?
- Are you acting as the exclusive buyer’s agent?
- How many sellers are you presently working with?
- What do you consider your strengths and weaknesses?
- Can you provide the names of three home buyers as references?
By asking these questions, you can get a better understanding of the Realtor’s knowledge, skills and availability to help you on your home buying or selling journey. Don’t be afraid to ask the tough questions and reach out to their past clients for testimonials. If you can, speak to them over the phone or search for the agent’s online reviews on sites like Realtor.com. Starting off with the right real estate agent will save you a lot of time and frustration in the long run.
If you’re looking to buy or sell your Outer Banks home, contact the Siers Real Estate Group. Our years of experience, local knowledge and marketing expertise can help fulfill all of your real estate needs. We’d love to get to know you and learn more about your real estate goals.
Recent Awards & Testimonials
The Siers Group was recently recognized as one of the Top 50 Agents in Howard Hanna's Southeast region